Thursday, March 14, 2013

Yesterday

The word "yesterday" has me thinking back to my Ireland trip in 2011.  To the people there, "yesterday" and 200 years ago are one and the same.  Their roots and culture are still skin deep. . their stories are rich with history. 

For instance, as I was sketching this 400 year old cottage, the people from the pub across the street were able to detail each and every one of its past residents.  One enthusiast even began reciting poetry from a well-known writer who lived there in the 1600s!

Also, I thought I'd share this coloring page, just in time for St. Patrick's Day!  I wonder if those glasses are available somewhere. . I think I'd look pretty hip wearing a pair this weekend ;).

You can see the original illustration here.

No comments:

Post a Comment