Wednesday, October 19, 2011

scattered

When searching for an item within a gigantic grandma purse, you often end up with all its contents scattered across the nearest surface.  I am always amazed at what comes out of my grandmother's purse. . .dried mushrooms, scraps of paper, jade figurines.  Who knows how she keeps track of everything.

I'm playing with a more limited palette this time because it seemed to somehow fit this week's Illustration Friday better. It was definitely a challenge since I looove color so much.

In other news, I recently did a piece for my friend's wedding site.  Her husband-to-be is over a foot taller than her so we thought we'd play up their height difference:

Once again, I used a limited palette and I think it came out pretty well! I'll be doing another piece for their RSVP mailers soon.  So fun :)

1 comment:

  1. Charlotte -- the "Small and Tall" wedding cartoon is SO CUTE!!! Thank you so much for designing this! I still crack up every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete